Monday, August 31, 2009

Camping, but not roughin' it


The video is sideways, just tilt your head.


Our campsite. It was up on a hill which made it a little difficult for the Wife to haul her extra baggage up and down.

A view of the nearby needles peaks

We drove down to Crazy Horse Memorial. This will never be finished in our lifetimes.

Kitty says "Ize wantz to go too. me stozzs awaay."


Overall, me and the Wife's two-day camping trip was fun, except for the nipple-stiffening nights. It was FREEZING cold. The first night I barely slept because it was so cold. The second night I decided that I was going to stay warm no matter what. I went to bed wearing socks, jeans, a T-shirt, two long sleeve shirts, a sweater and a winter hat. Once I zipped myself up tight into the sleeping bag I was snug and warm.


It was a relaxing weekend. We spent the days walking around the lake and driving around taking in the scenery. At night, I built a fire and we just sat around it and talked. Occasionally I'd stick a wiener into the flames. It was so nice just getting away and forgetting about everything else in the world and not caring what was happening.


On the baby front, negotiations over names for our boy continue. The Wife writes down like 50 names, hands me the list and I end up crossing off 48 of them. I mention a few and her response is, "we are not naming him that!" We both want something unique, but not wacky. I like Stone, Sarrick and Jarik. Wife says we can't call him Stone Smith cause, "that sounds like a profession." Some of the names she likes I hate because I imagine kids with those names wearing collared shirts with sweaters tied around their neck saying, "hullo, mommy and daddy, it would be ever so nice if we had crumpets today" as he stands there in his short pants. Of course, with the amount of Mexican food she eats I wouldn't be surprised if a moustached baby with machismo pops out and says, "Hola!"

We do have one name that we both like. The Wife isn't 100 percent sold on it, but I'm wearing her down.

Well, I'm off to Denver today. Going to spend a few days with my sister and nephews. I've got tickets to a Rockies game Wednesday night, should be fun. I'll likely spend a day at Estes Park and take in the scenery of Rocky Mountain National Park. I'll post pictures of my trip once I return. I'll have to make a mental note to stop in Chugwater, Wyo., for their world-famous chili.









1 comment:

  1. If you're wondering what he said in the video that made me laugh, it was -- said in his best caveman voice -- "Brian make fire."

    ReplyDelete